Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kitchen Towel Swap

I recently joined an internet swap group called Swapbot.  My first swap is a kitchen towel swap.  I make and mail off a kitchen towel to 2 people.  Everyone in the group does so.  I'm not sure how many everyone will end up getting.  We'll see.

Person #1 likes blue...especially denim and dark blues.  I found a nice cotton yarn in a denim blue.  What luck!  I knitted the skein up in a "double bump" stitch.  The skein made a short towel so I added a stockinette stitch hanging top in cream.  I hope she likes it!

Person #2 has a kitchen in sage green and baby pink.  I thought I'd try the "Chinese Waves" stitch.  Took forever!  Each row turns out to be more like a half row due to all the slip stitches.  I'm really unsure of the color.  It seemed like sage green to me when I bought it but now that the towel is done it seems a bit dark.  I hope it's ok!  If I find a lighter sage I may knit up another one and send it too.  I'd hate to be wrong on the color!!  But the stitch looks pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment