Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Knitting In Public 5-30-11

While waiting for everyone to show up for a meeting at Panera's I was knitting.  One of my people was there.  She also happens to be a knitter.
This nice lady comes up to us and asks us when the knitting group was starting.  We knew nothing of the meeting and recommended that she ask one of the people that worked there.  She had and they knew nothing.
A minute later and she came back with her knitting needing some help.  She's a new knitter and had only cast on.  She had a hand written pattern and needed some help.  I showed her how to slip the first stitch and then do a YO, K2tog.  That was her pattern.  We did a few rows together and then she said thanks and left. 
She came back a couple of minutes later with a muffin for me. 
I love knitting in public.  Knitters are just the nicest people.

No comments:

Post a Comment