Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Getting Started

Here I go into the wonderful blogging world!

I'm a long time crafter and am addicted to knitting right now.  Friends keep telling me that I should really sell my stuff.  But I don't know.  I really just love knitting.  I'm afraid that if I did it for money it would become a job rather than a joy.  Besides, knitting is not the cheapest thing to do.  With the cost of yarn and all the time it takes to do it a simple hat could run $10-30 in yarn and then take 4-12 hours or more to knit making it rather expensive.

So, if you love my stuff and I love you then let me know just what you like and when your birthday is or when you really need a pick me up or something and you may get lucky!!  I've also been known to knit something up for the cost of yarn for folks I like too.
I may just make something for a charity event or auction at times too.  For instance, my church is having an auction in June.  I'm sure I'll knit something up for them.  I also have a friend that is going through a medical mystery right now.  I may donate some stuff, or my knitting time, for fund raising for her.  Keep a look out!  (I'll be sure to post these type of events on facebook too)

But for now I craft for fun and family!

I'm going to take some time now to post some pictures of things I'm proud of that I've made in the past and what I'm currently working on too.

OH!  The profile picture is of me in my Val, the Valkyrie hat that I knitted for myself.  I just LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment