Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Princess Leia Hat


I made a Princess Leia hat for my daughter, Frances.  She thinks it's fun.
I've gotten a lot of complements on this one!! Frannie wore it when we went to see Star Wars, the Phantom Menace, when it came out recently. If I did work on commission I'd be busy for months!

It's just a simple K1, P1 brown stocking cap.  Then I made long snakelike tubs, stuffed them, rolled them into "cinnamon buns" and sewed them on the sides.

A good friend of mine, and fellow Star Wars fan, has been going through a real rough time lately.  So, I knitted her up one of these and dropped it in the mail to cheer her up.  It worked!...except her daughter has stolen it.  She even sleeps in it, I'm told.  Her birthday is in August so I know what she'll be getting!

I should try to get her to send a picture to me.  Hers turned out much better.  I used a smaller needle to knit the buns so you can't see the stuffing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment