Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sorry I've been gone

Sorry I've been gone for so long!!  The long absense is due to The Silverbells Carolers (www.silverbellscarolers.com), Christmas knitting, and Sisters, A Gingerriffic Cabaret of Duets. 
Caroling season went off just fine.  We had lots of new singers, a terrific music director and a fabulous new gig at Woodland Park Zoo. 
Christmas knitting was mostly the Tardis hat and scarf that I swapped for a box full of wonderful goodies for Frannie.  My swap partner was great!  We got a mommy and baby fleece hedgehog...soooo cute.  I'll have to post pics.  She also sent a cute ragdoll, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band dottee dolls (amazing!!!!!!) and other fun dodads.  Fabulous package!!
Sisters is a duets cabaret that I had the idea for ages ago with a friend of mine that ended up getting nodes a couple of years ago.  About a year ago I played Ms Jones in How To Succeed at a local theatre and everyone thought I was my friend Lisa.  She's a fab soprano so I loved the compliment.  I mostly do alto/belting roles so this soprano role was a treat.  Lisa and I have also been confused for each other while caroling.  Two curvy, redheaded singers...I see the confusion.  So Lisa became my new partner for this cabaret show.  And since we look a bit alike I decided that the second act would be a section of Side Show.  The show was a hit and we're currently looking for more places to do it.  So I hope to be able to post more of that later.
But back to knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment